A recent study has revealed what the best toning abs exercises are for strengthening your core. This was done at San Diego State University through their biomechanics lab. They took a variety of stomach workouts from basic crunches to advanced exercises using gym equipment, and compared them. These toning abs exercises were then ranked based on overall muscle stimulation of the core.
Here are the top three ranked stomach workouts:multilan active cena
1. Bicycle Crunch Exercise. This is great for targeting your obliques (side abs) as well as your rectus abdominis (the six pack).
- Lie on the floor and flatten your lower back into the ground by tightening your abdominals.
- Position your hands to the side of your head with your elbows down.
- Slowly lift your shoulders off the floor while bringing your knees in towards your chest.
- Now bring your right knee towards your left elbow and extend your left leg out, then repeat on the other side.
- Continue to slowly go through this pedaling motion for the desired number of reps.
- Focus on slow and controlled movements and don’t forget to breathe!
2. Captains Chair Exercise. This movement targets the rectus abdominis, the hip flexors (iliopsoas) and the external obliques.
- Start in the Captains chair frame with your arms securely in place and legs hanging down.
- Engage your abdominals and breathe out while slowly bringing your knees up towards your chest.
- Inhale as you lower your legs back down to the starting position.
- Be careful not to arch your back and maintain proper posture by keeping your head up and gaze forward.
3. Abdominal ball crunches. These are super effective not only for strengthening your abs but help improve balance, stability, co ordination and allow for a greater range of motion than with standard crunches.
- Sit on the abdominal ball (Swiss ball) and position your feet flat on the ground about shoulder width apart
- Now lie back and walk yourself forward until your hips are just off the ball and your body is parallel to the floor.
- Keep your lower body still and Lift your shoulder blades off the ball by crunching forward.
- Don’t go any further than 45 degrees and hold for a second before lowering back down to the starting position.
For more free tips, get Abdominalfitness.org delivered by email or RSS!