Healthful Pursuit of an LEO Wife
HomeAbout MeContact MeHealthful FitnessHealthful LinksHealthful RecipesHealthful Tipshttp://sms-maus.de/gb/health/Day+7+Jazzercise++Healthful+Pursuit+of+an+LEO+Wife.html
← Day 6: the staples I keep in my fridgemacho man spray
You may recall from this post that I purchased a Jazzercise groupon a month ago. I was excited about doing Jazzercise again but also a little hesitant because my previous experience with Jazzercise, before I moved from Nebraska, was so great. Well, Ive been a little lazy about getting to the gym so I decided to activate my groupon to help motivate me. Here are some of my thoughts on Jazzy Jazz:(how I affectionately refer to it)again
* Its a solid 25 minute drive for me to get to the Jazzercise location. So if I estimate 50 minutes of driving and an hour class, thats almost 2 hrs. Eeek!ultrapur wild raspberry ketone
* I would argue that Jazzercise is definitely a fat loss class, focused mostly on cardio. Although, they incorporate 15 minutes of weights, I would still say that the weights section of class is more cardio with a little resistance. I dont think Jazzercise is the place to build muscle, if that is your goal. You have to lift heavy to gain strength and change the shape of your body. As Ive stated before, if youre only doing cardio, youre really just going to be a smaller version of your current self.(and maybe thats your goal…its just not my goal)
* There is a lot of bad form that happens with the participants in the class that isnt being corrected by the instructor. Honestly, I dont completely feel like this is the instructors fault because Im sure a large class is hard to manage but I think a persons form of squats or triceps kickbacks, etc, etc is really important.
* There were mirrors on all 4 sides of the room. Although this is a stupid thing, when Im trying to get my groove on, I dont really need to see how ridiculous I look doing it. :) This probably isnt really a negative but more of an annoyance to me personally.
* Here in Santa Fe, they only offer 1-2 classes a day so youre committed to going at the same time always. When I was in NE, they basically had classes every hour, on the hour, which was really convenient.
* I was pleasantly surprised at how much I still enjoy Jazzercise. I was a cheerleader in high school and college and so I love dancy-type stuff. I found myself smiling during class often and really getting down with my bad self.
* I think Jazzercise is cool because you can take it to the level you need it to be. If you want high intensity, you can do that. If you want low intensity or low impact, you can do that too.
* They play good music. Usually Jazzercise music is current music and things I like to hear. I feel like they need a routine to What Does the Fox Say…dont you think? ;)
Will I continue after my groupon is used up? Probably not just for the fact that its a 25 minute drive and the class times are limited to 1-2 times per day. If I could get a steal of a deal I might join so I could have an option to go but I wont be heart-broken if I dont join.
Have you ever tried Jazzercise? What did you like and dislike about it?
Share this:TwitterFacebookPinterestLike this:Like Loading...
← Day 6: the staples I keep in my fridge
Sign up to get an email for each new post ~>
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
This is my pursuit of a life full of health. I hope you will join, stay, & participate. I''ll share what works for me and my lessons learned. I hope you will share yours as well!
Day 6: the staples I keep in my fridge
Day 4: Life of an LEO Wife ~ Saturdays off!!
I just entered to win @theathletarian ‘s @mizunorunning and @vegateam GIVEAWAY! theathletarian.com/2013/12/11/mvg… 1 day ago
I just entered to win @theathletarian ‘s @vega_team #VegaProteinSmoothie giveaway theathletarian.com/2013/12/03/pro… 3 days ago
Lovin @JsEverydayFashs @Abercrombie Look. Shop It - 9nl.eu/d0sg fashionindie.com/styleoff/aberc… #BlackFriday via @FashionIndie 1 week ago
1 WINNER will win a PRIZE valued $200.
RT @MissyDuckWife: If you need encouragement, go to @IamSecond.com and watch The Robertsons story. #GodIsWithYou #HeWillNeverLeaveYou http… 3 weeks ago
Disclaimer I am not a nutritionist, dietician, trainer, physician, therapist, etc. All of my posts/comments are my own view based on what I have tried and what works for me. I am firm believer that each individual needs to do what works and what''s best for him/her.
Are you looking for a past post? December 2013
Follow “Healthful Pursuit of an LEO Wife”
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.